Before the fashioning of day and night
In a forgotten realm of noble light
A Great king looked upon his valiant young
And his heart remorsed in the songs they sung
They chose that day, as he knew that they would
To live there own lives and do as they could
In his great wisdom he knew they would stray
In the vast forest they would lose their way
Someone must go to show them the way home
Or in a dark night they would always roam
The eldest son did stand and humbly call
For them I will die and give them my all
Another son stood and had smoothly said
Send me but give me your glory instead
The first was chosen to carry fort light
The second rebelled and started a fight
Sounds of a broken heart flew through the air
When a third of his children cursed him there
The song of a trumpet fell upon the land
As behind the chosen the others band
In a war of great words, truth verses lie
The noble cast the wicked from the sky
In the land of light tears were being shed
As the children mourned the spiritual dead
With a broken heart the chosen proclaimed
We must carry on and do as we aimed
Stakes will be dabbled with our brothers there
They lost every thing so they will not care
They will drag you down if you allow it
With evil blades they’ll destroy your spirit
Remember who you are or all is lost
Then ill guide you home no matter the cost
Then one by one the children all went forth
To an imperfect world to prove their worth
Then the chosen of God joined them in birth
And fulfilled his vow when he died on earth
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream
William E Herrington
4 comments:
That was beautiful.
Very moving, so when are you getting published? Hope you're feeling better and the baby is off the light soon.
Never. Most of the stuff I write is so personal that even my wife is not privy to it. Or in the words of another great poet Anna Nalick,
And I feel like I’m Naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you’ll use them, however you want to
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream
William E Herrington
PS yes I see The irony of using such words in a manner counter to the authors original intent.
I love it! You have always written such wonderful and moving poetry!
Post a Comment