Saturday, June 20, 2009

Baby Logan Pics

Logan Charles was a very big boy at 9 lbs, 13 oz, but his delivery was easier for me than Benjamin's by far. It was smooth sailing once we got to the hospital and I got my wonderful epidural! Benjamin = 22 hours Logan = 8 hours That's what I get for marrying a Scottish Herrington with broad shoulders!
He has lots of medium dark brown hair

Benjamin is very excited to be a big brother!

Logan is a total cuddlebug and wants to be held when he's awake


Special Delivery from Mammaw and Pappaw




My mom flew out on Friday to be here to help with Benjamin and the new baby. We couldn't have timed the delivery any better. I went into labor overnight and we went to the hospital at 6 am. Mom dropped Ben off at Summer Kindergarten at 9 and came straight to the hospital to witness the delivery of her second grandson at 10:15 am. Then we had all morning until 2 pm to relax and enjoy our new bundle of joy before Big Brother came to visit after school.
Logan had some feeding issues at the hospital. Thursday night he had a projectile vomiting episode and wasn't able to eat the rest of the night. The doctor ordered an X-ray of his abdomen to find out what was going on, and it looked like he wasn't going to get discharged with me afterall. Turns out Baby was very constipated with meconium! After getting an infant suppository? and a couple of diaper explosions later we were sent home Friday afternoon.
So far Logan is a nightowl which is the schedule he had in utero so no surprise there. Last night was the most alert he's been, but we were all waiting for him to go to sleep so we could all go to bed, but that never happened. He stayed up until his next feeding time. William woke up in the middle of the night vomiting sick with a stomach bug and has since been quarantined away from newborn Logan and the rest of us. So we are down a pair of hands and my mom and I are exhausted!!!!
Logan also has jaundice. The doctor sent him home with a Wallaby light for light therapy. We had to take him back to the hospital today to be tested but he's up to 14 so he has to stay on the light for another day at least. That is the grey cord coming out of his stomach. You can see the yellow in the whites of his eyes in the last photo of Mammaw holding him. He goes back to get tested again tomorrow so hopefully his numbers have started to go down.
So everyone please pray that William gets better quick so he can fulfill his Daddy duties :)

3 comments:

Cali and Travis said...

What a cutie! I can't believe how big he is! WOW! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys!

Jennifer Andersen said...

All 6 of us Joneses had jaundice and some sort of light therapy. Mary Jane had it too. Hopefully his bilirubin levels will go down soon. Also, our prayers are with you for a fully healthy family! Congratulations and good luck!

Angela said...

Hey Stephanie, congrats on #2; he looks like William. You'll love having two boys in a row. I really enjoy having Sydney and Claire in a row because they like to play the same things. Send me your email and I'll send you an invite to our blog. I went private a while back. I just came across a Christmas card you sent that said you looked at our blog. angelou22 at gamil dot com Congrats again; you're a trooper for carrying and then delivering such a big boy.