Monday, June 15, 2009

Benjamin Where’s your trousers?

Ben attended his first highland games with me this Sunday. Ben said his favorites were the guys with swords and the bagpipes. He also took some interest in the caber toss. Had a hard time getting him to sit though a highland fling (a Scottish dance) and he also grew bored with the bard telling stories. (Which surprised me) The bard experience was actually embarrassing for me. I had found us a seat at the front of the tent less then ten feet from the bard. Three minutes into the Bards tale Benjamin proclaimed in a voice that could be heard by the bard and his entire audience “I don’t like this, this is boring”! Needless to say I packed the kid up and beat a hasty retreat. I was not exactly impressed. Ben however managed to redeem himself. Later that night while we were eating dinner he spontaneously started humming the tune to Scotland the brave. Which was one of the songs he got to hear played by bagpipes at the games. So it turns out he really is my son.

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream
William E Herrington

4 comments:

Corey said...

meh, our boys do that to us in every public venue that they can.. But you know what they say about paybacks, and someday they will bring dates home.

:)

Cali and Travis said...

Guys, stop scaring me!

leschornmom said...

Too funny! Love you guys! Any Baby news!?!

William said...

Yes I have Baby news... Steph is pregnant. Thank you, Thank you very much Ill be here all week.

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream
William E Herrington