Most of you have known Will since he was a teenager, but for those who don't he is a music lover and poet. It was one of the things that really made me fall in love with him. When we were dating some people teased us and asked when we were going to start singing mushy love duets together since I was also a music major. We have only just now begun playing piano/guitar together after Ben goes to bed. Anyway, Will has written several songs and pieces through the years, but ever since we got married and he started working full-time he has put all of that on the back burner. Well his computer recently started acting up and he can no longer play his beloved PC games. It works just fine for email, pictures, etc so we have no plans for replacing it anytime soon. So in his downtime he has started picking up the guitar I bought him in college and he has gotten pretty good at it! Well he surprised me the other night with an early Mother's Day gift. He finally finished writing the lyrics to a piano song he has always played as long as I've known him. He's still tweaking the 3rd verse, but other than that here is the first song ever written and dedicated to me :)
"Deep As the Sea"
Do you remember the night we met
In a world of untold glory
Though we could not be together yet
We began a new love story
Now we parted for our own ways
Our roads did not start together
I hoped that one day we would say
We are meant to be Forever
Chorus
Oh my love do you know?
That forever our love will grow
Please remain, by my side,
My love for you, I'll never hide.
Oh my love, each new day
I devote to you in every way
Earn the love you give me
Our love, Deep as the Sea
Though I sit here all alone
I feel your heart near me
A face from my dreams
That sets my soul free
I take comfort in my faith
That God will bring us together
We will sit by the lover's moon
I will hold your hand forever
Chorus
One day I met a surprise
When I looked and saw your blue eyes
*Still tweaking :)*
I will love you for all of time
Once the moon stops it's changing
I'll hold you in my arms at night
When you will hear my heart singing
Chorus
Oh my love do you know?
That forever our love will grow
Please remain, by my side,
My love for you, I'll never hide.
Oh my love, each new day
I devote to you in every way
Earn the love you give me
Our love, deep as the sea.
3 comments:
AWWWWWW! Okay that's just sweet!
How do you top that for Father's day?
He's not going to like his Father's Day! We will be spending it driving the 8-10 hours coming back from Indiana to Kansas. I'm a bridesmaid in my friend Jill's wedding.
You still gotta' do SOMETHING! I mean come on... he wrote you a song!
Post a Comment