Wednesday, May 7, 2008

First level Human


To my fellow geeks out there I thought you would get a kick out of this. To those of you who don't understand the joke, it's ok we still love you.
I suppose I should give credit for where I pulled this picture from.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream
William E Herrington

6 comments:

Cali and Travis said...

You're right. I don't get it.

leschornmom said...

I LOVE IT! Oh wait...Does that mean I'm a geek?...Ewe who would put a shirt like that on their baby? (Did I cover it up good enough?)
;)

William said...

Don’t worry Erica just because “popular” society uses the term geek to demean we non conformists and intellectuals does not mean we need to internalize the label and feel shame for our personal interests. Glad to have you in the same boat with us sister!

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream
William E Herrington

Guffey Family said...

ok Erica you'll have to explain it to me in terms I can understand.

Unknown said...

I'v tried to write out a quick explination several times and I'v come to realize that it's a lot more complicated them I thought. Here's as brief of an explinantion as I could come up with...

In roll playing games the players each have a character that they make up (human, elf, one of those half-horse-half-human-thingys, or whatever "race" the game allows)and then they roll the dice to get thier Wisdom (WIS) Strenght (STR) Intellegence (INT) etc... All of those numbers are recorded a character sheet and saved. (They look similar to the list on the t-shirt)

When the game master (Will is one of my favorites) puts the group of players up against a "bad guy" you roll the die and multiply it with the nedded numbers to see if you scored high enough to hit/wound/kill it.

Any way, players start out on a 1 or 2 level and as they beat the "bad guys" or what ever they advance to higher levels. I've heard of characters being 23 or 24 th level but I'm not sure how far they go.
The picture is of a "Level 1 Human" (the baby)

I hope I explained it well enough...I'm sure BJ could correct me on more than one thing. I'm not to big into roll playing. I like it for the roll of the dice and scoring, but for me it's really about doing something my husband enjoys. I find they like you alot more if you take an interest in thier hobbies!

PS It IS a cute shirt Will!

Unknown said...

Just in case anyone wanted to purchase one of these lovely shirts....

http://www.jinx.com/minigeeks/baby/video_games/level_1_human_creeper.html