Sunday, May 4, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

While Aunt Shannon was visiting Benjamin walked through the kitchen and I heard him say a curse word. I don't know where he picked it up, but it wasn't from me! He had to sit on the steps for a time-out. He was crying and upset because he doesn't have many time-outs. When I went to get his apology I explained to him that he was put on the naughty step because he had said a bad word and we don't say bad words in our house. He stopped crying and looked me in the eyes and said questioningly "What about outside?" I had to keep from laughing and sternly say "No Ben, we don't say bad words inside our house or outside. We don't say bad words at all!" And then he calmly asked "How about in outer space?" I had to look away to keep from laughing!

-Stephanie

No comments: