Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mommy Tag

1. Typically, what time do you wake up? As I am blessed to be a mother of only one toddler right now I get to sleep through the entire night and get up after 9!
2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed? 9:30 is Ben's bedtime, but we sometimes let him stay up a little later than that, but refer to #1 he sleeps later in the morning than most kids
3. How long have you been a mommy? 3 years and 10 months
4. How old were you when you became a mom? I had just turned 23
5. What is your favorite kids T.V show? It changes as Ben gets older, but I would have to say Curious George is the absolute fav, and we are into Word World these days
6. What is your least favorite kids T.V. show? Barney, Teletubbies, Boobah
7. What is your favorite chore? Seriously? What kind of question is this? Are there any chores that are favorite chores? I don't have any.
8. What is your favorite meal to cook? Anything that is easy! Taco Soup for example
9. What meal do you cook most often? Pastas (Baked Ziti, spaghetti) My husband complains that it is not helping his diet.
10. What is your kids favorite meal? Mac and Cheese and Pizza
11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids? Ticklefests, sword fights, basically everything! Ben and Daddy are best buds and spend a lot of time together.
12. What are 5 things that make you smile when you’re being a mom?
A) Ben's pronunciation and sentence structuring (No I amn't)
B) Watching him sleep looking all cute and innocent
C) Seeing him become a big boy and accomplishing new feats
D) Hearing him laugh at all the silly things he sees (like cars inside a building at the car dealerships, or ladders and bikes on tops of cars) That's so silly!
E) Snuggling up together to watch a movie
13. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be? I would love to take Benjamin to DisneyWorld so he could experience the magic while he's still young.
14. When was the last time you went out without your kids? We went on a date about a week ago and saw IronMan (against my will, but I actually really liked it! I recommend it to all couples!)
15. What is your favorite pastime/activity to do with your kids? I love taking Ben out on the town and going to fun places like the sprinkle park, pool, library, or all the fun places we go to like Pump It Up.
16. Name one thing you said you would never say as a mother? "Your A** is grass and I'm the lawnmower" (and no I am still not going to ever repeat this phrase in my house)
17. Name something you do, that your own mom did? Saturday morning pancakes
18. What is your favorite quality your mom has? I have to pick just one? I love how organized she is.
19. What is your favorite kids book? Hands down Harry Potter.
20. What is your favorite advice for new moms? Gosh there are so many things but I guess the most important would be to cherish every day because they grow up so fast!
21. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom? When I have to leave to go to work in the morning and Ben gets upsets and clings to my neck and asks me not to go so I can stay home and play with him. I spent all of Mother's Day at work this year.
22. What is your most joyful moment being a mom? I'd probably have to say when Ben first starting walking at 9 months.
23. When was the last time you told one of your kids, “I Love You”? Tonight at bedtime.
24. When was the last time you were told, “I love you” by one of your kids? Tonight, Ben randomly says it all day long!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

So handsome, I love your blog. Hey, I saw that you guys are related to another Fisher, "Phisher"?!?!? That is the 2nd other FPhisher that I've heard of. Do you know any more?

Stephanie H. said...

No we don't know any other "Phishers", we just hope the other kids are not mean to our little cute nephew because we ourselves came up with a lot of "nicknames"