Saturday, May 3, 2008

John's Wedding

As has become tradition Mom Herrington spent all night constructing a huge cake. Somehow Steph and I got suckered (okay we volunteered, and will never make that mistake again) into transporting the cake through back country roads. It is important to note Steph got to carry an already assembled cake (complete with cake topper) on her lap. We caravanned to the church while everyone else was running at or above the speed limit we were limited to driving at about ten. Steph spent the whole trip emphatically yelling "Slow down!" Poor Steph had to balance the 20 pounds of cake, frosting, and topper as I raced down (at under ten miles an hour) unfinished dirt roads with monster potholes, over Railroad tracks, hills, and not to mention Dad, who was right in front of us, stopping (Steph almost wearing the cake as I attempted to decelerate before hitting Dad) to point out the reindeer farm.



The happy couple. I'll be nice to the poor boy and not mention what it was that Steph and I got them as a wedding present.

Left to right: Pa Herrington, Sara, John Boy, and Ma Herrington. (Steph and I both approve of the new addition to Clan Herrington)

Sara made a lovely bride. Poor girl has no Idea what she has just married into. (Think Mob but worse)

Mom and John during the Mother/Son dance. We did not get a good picture of the Father/Son dance.

A large chunk of the newly expanded Clan Herrington. Alex and his brood were not available. Steph tells me that Emily was very pregnant, and unable to travel. We got to meet Phil, Beth's new husband (we like him too!) and their new baby Phisher. Ben loved playing with his uncles at Grandma's house. In fact he came home with a few new habits and behaviors. (Thanks Guys! He's obsessed with Sonic the Hedgehog now)


As they were not at the Wedding here is a quick picture of Alex and Emily's Kiddos. Timmy is the older one and new baby Talitha Ann (who is the only daughter born of Clan Herrington other than Beth.)

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream
William E Herrington

2 comments:

Cathy Shields said...

Thanks for the pics. I knew about your Grandfathers passing while I was there. I am so sorry and loved that you posted the talk that your Dad gave. Haven't heard word one of the newlyweds since the wedding so I hope they are doing well. It was great seeing all of you again. I hope you got the family pic I took and posted on my blog.

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

WoW!! Your family has really grown! Thanks for putting up the great pics!