
So I got home from work several days ago and this stray kitty came out of nowhere. I called Will out to see it and of course he fed it, upset that someone had probably abandoned it. It is very skinny! So since it found a food source it has stayed finding shelter outside (I'm allergic and it's not coming in the house). Will loves having a "pet" cat again and pets it daily, Ben was excited at first but it doesn't really play with him so he's moved on.
So after buying cat food today I went to pick Ben up from daycare and noticed he had a Band-Aid on his leg. He said the cat bit him, Will didn't see it happen, so I posted a "Found Cat" notice on Craig's List tonight. Maybe some family is missing their pet, but I know Will is hoping to keep it. If it scratches or bites Ben again I'm calling Animal Control and that is that.

We haven't come up with a name yet. Any suggestions?
13 comments:
Well, a good start would be telling us the sex of the cat....un;ess you are looking for the generic names like "Kitty" or "Crookshanks" ;)
"Temporary"
How about "1 of many".. We've got a dozen strays around our house that I'll collect and bring for you next month.
(sorry, allergic and not sympathetic to cats.. and increasingly annoyed by a neighbor who visits his vacant house every day to leave food out for the strays without properly taking care of them and keeping them out of my yard, barn, and crawlspace)
:)
I don't think we know the sex of the cat, and no thanks Corey 1 is plenty! I think our neighbor might be feeling as you do since the cat is always on their doorstep as well. But they fed it as well when it first showed up. They have an indoor kitty. I tell many people that I meet True Love is forever giving up cats when your wife is allergic and you are a cat lover like Will. He wants to teach Ben how to care for them, etc and I want that too, but I'm beginning to sound like the handwashing Nazi!
Our problem is so bad that there is are trails between our house and the neighbors, and between our barn and the neighbors where no grass can grow because of the cat traffic.
I always found a large number of stray cats a perfect father-son moment...ie "Valor, here's how you load and fire a shotgun"
While my streak for being malicious to cats has diminished I simply will not allow feral cats who are not afraid of humans (because they feed them) around my children. Of course Corey, in your case, an automatic rifle might seem more sporting...
Beej, don't start with me.
I name animals after characters (or their pets) from books or movies that I enjoy. That makes them not so generic. It's a pretty cat. Kind of looks like a skinny sad Crookshanks.
No what I meant was that CrookShanks is one of those names that can go either way (male or female) since I don;t believe the sex is ever listed in the book, although I kept thinking of it as female.
We still don't know if Kitty is a boy or girl but Will came up with Ginger, Gingy, for short. Ben in his excitement to leave for Indiana this morning left the front door open and I was surprised to find the cat in the living room when I came up from the basement! What am I going to do with these boys?? We need a girl, I'm outnumbered!
I feel your pain. I have been outnumbered for about 29 1/2 years,having three sons and a husband around. But the guys eventually marry and you get a little less outnumbered (until they have have all sons)....its a cycle
Steph, You know me I LOVE LOVE LOVE kitties (we actually just brought two kittens home!) but you have to be EXTREMELY careful with cat bites!
Cat's carry a bacteria in thier saliva that can lead to a really nasty infection. (remind me to tell you about my days working @ a Vet office)
If you're gonna keep this kitty ...GREAT! But take it to a vet! Just to have it checked out.
When people say "skinny cat" a lot of things pop into mind besides starvation.
PS. If you look at the cats hind end and there are two fluffy round things... It's definately a male!
If they're not there it's either a female or a nutured male.
;)
PPS. I'm rootin' for you Will!!!!
I am surprised that one mangy stray cat could invite so many comments.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream
William E Herrington
Don't be too surprised, we were all just really bored.
:)
Post a Comment