Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Moving Madness

When Will was laid off in March he was very lucky to find new work quickly but his new job is in Chillicothe, MO (90 minute commute one-way from where we live now) Our lease is not quite up yet in Liberty but we wanted to move before the school year started. I found our new home in Trenton, MO (30 minutes north of Chillicothe) on the first day I went looking. The owner bought it at auction, gutted it and completely redid it. It is 2500 sq feet: 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a finished basement the whole length of the house, huge yard, I could go on and on -did I mention it is actually CHEAPER than what we pay now in rent?? And the kicker is It meets almost all of my dream house checklist.
This is part of my new walk-in closet - the other part is plenty large for hanging clothes

The master bedroom used to be 2 rooms but he knocked the wall out to make it spacious and added the 1/2 bath. You can see the bathroom doorway there on the left. I have already declared it a mommy only bathroom (Will can go down the hall :) No more checking to make sure the seat is down in the middle of the night! I seriously have almost fallen in a couple of times

You know the Jerry Maguire line "You had me at "Hello". Well he had me when he said "New kitchen" on the phone :) Beautiful new cabinets and appliances and no more grungy tile floor for me!
The ledge is the 1/2 wall that is the basement stairs. I threw this picture in to show the pantry cabinet next to the fridge space. No more exposed food storage in my kitchen!

Formal dining room off of the living room and across from kitchen complete with a bored Benjamin on the new carpet. The sliding glass door leads down to a finished patio area in the backyard.

Trenton may only have a population of 6,000 - the nearest Wal-Mart is 30 minutes away!! but they do have a beautiful City Park we visited. They even had a separate baby area for Logan.

Ben will start 1st grade in August and the typical classroom size here is 16-17 students versus the 25 he had in Kansas City. I'll keep you posted on how this City Girl adjusts to living in the country - it's sure to be an adventure! Will sighed and smiled at church (branch of about 135 active members) and said "Ah, I'm home"

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow! Looks like a fun and spacious new place! Beautiful kitchen! Too fun & cheaper rent? gotta love it :) Happy birthday to Logan! What a handsome man! Keep us filled in on country life :) xxoo

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! How fun!!! This looks amazing! I'm so happy for you guys! We're a little depressed about being renters forever (Mitch has med school after we finish our undergrads), so, needless to say, i'm more than a little jealous! How great for you guys! What a beautiful home! I LOVE the kitchen! Woo hoo!! :o) And the cheaper than rent thing--are you kidding!? I had to read that twice! How great! Enjoy the small town feel! We feel a little suffocated in Rexburg, and it has 30,000 people! :o) (Mitch mostly grew up in Houston, so he loves big cities like I do!)

Jennifer Andersen said...

I'm very excited for you! It looks like it will be a great move for your family. Your branch sounds about like our ward. (in terms of active members.)