Monday, June 2, 2008

My Empty House

Benjamin left on Sat morning to go to Indiana with my folks for a week. I am flying out next Friday to join him and Will is driving out after that to pick us up. So our house is really quiet right now!!! I had to work this weekend so I was kept pretty busy and came home tired and grateful for the peace and quiet. We even went on a date and saw the new Indiana Jones movie. But today is my day off. I got to sleep in after Will left for work, I watched a movie with no interruptions which was great, but I can't even remember now what I did before Benjamin joined our family. I came down to the computer to balance the checkbook and had to turn the cartoon channel on so that I could block it out and concentrate like normal! It's TOO quiet!

4 comments:

leschornmom said...

Hey sweety! I feel for ya! I get that way when just a few of my kids leave to spend the night with Nana!
Give me a call if you want. I'm sick so I've decided to take a "sick day" and do NOTHING.
PS this is a good time to read ahead in you RS lesson manual, do some extra scriptur study, or get cught up on laundry. Don't just sleep because when he gets back you'll realize how you just wasted your time.

Carrie said...

How fun for you all! I bet Ben is having a great time in Indiana and being spoiled rotten! I love it- enjoy your Stephanie time :)

Cali and Travis said...

That's funny. It's amazing how quickly your life comes to revolve around the smallest members of the family. Travis and I were just saying the other day, "What did we ever talk about before GIdeon?"

Cathy Shields said...

I totally understand. Before you hook back up with him, you'll be missing him like crazy. That's normal. He is so much a part of what and who you are now. Just try to enjoy and rememeber it won't be for long.
Where in Indiana? Maybe I'll see you.