As most already know the world rewards successful work with… more work. It has been official for about a month now, I have been offered and accepted some contract work in addition to my current job. Starting August 15th I will be spending three days a week providing counseling services to one of the local school districts. I will rotate between the Elementary, Middle and High school. Most schools have counselors on staff, however their primary responsibility is to deal with vocational planning, setting up classes, and resolving other conflicts related to school. As I understand it my role will be working the more serious mental health concerns such as grief, cutting, suicide threats, child abuse or other issues that would require more concentrated counseling, as well as organizing parents and available community resources. Steph is very excited about this, as it will allow her to retire from job and become a full time mom again. I’m less excited as it means that I get to work a sixty-hour workweek. This is however acceptable, I learned during my missionary days that I can handle working a seventy two and half hour work week for as long as two years with out losing my mind.
In addition Steph and I have set a date in which I will return to school to complete a Doctorate. For now this is a soft goal as there are a number of factors and challenges that must be met before I return to the halls of academia, any of which could delay the process.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream
William E Herrington
2 comments:
How exciting that Stephanie will be able to stay at home again....sorry it means more work for you though. I guess it is a give and take world
Good for you! We love ya! It will be tough, but maybe you can give us a good discount for all our kids...We should have them all pretty well screwed up by the time you finish!
Post a Comment