Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's a small world after all.

I walk into work the other day and get to meet a new co-worker in the Mental Health department, who will be doing the exact same job that I do. In fact he has inherited some of my current clients. During lunch the therapist are all sitting around together and the others are asking the new guy questions about him self. Turns out he is from Idaho Falls. My ears perk up at this and I think he could be LDS but then again there are non members living in Idaho Falls also. Then he mentions he has 8 children. Ok yea looking like a Mormon but still perhaps he is Catholic. Then in the conversation he tells us he worked for LDS family services. At this point I am so excited I have a hard time staying in my chair and eating my lunch. The last time I have ever worked with another member of the Church was in 1999 when I worked with John for a little while. So needless to Say I am excited about working with another LDS therapist. I can’t wait to talk shop with someone else who also has the LDS perspective.

So after lunch I walk into his office and close the door behind me and tell him in my most serious voice “These folks are my non-members you go get your own.” Very quickly he catches on and we talk about where each of us served missions and then we talked about our current job, I answer a few questions about the work and we exchange a few other pleasantries.

So this morning I send a quick note off to our sister Cali and ask her if she happens to know this gentleman.

I want all of you to know that I get the Great Honor to work with the wonderful man who was the caseworker for Cali and Travis when they were adopting Gideon. I think I will have a hard time not hugging the Man when I see him tomorrow morning.

Granted I will not be able to talk to him about Cali, as I take confidentiality very seriously and expect him to do the same. (Sorry guys I will not be digging up any dirt for you) However I can tell you this if the guy or his family ever need anything I will be the first in line to help him out.

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream
William E Herrington