I have been doing 60 to 70 hour workweeks for the last ten months. I survived. Now thankfully I get to work a normal 40 to 50 hour workweek for the next few months. Should be just the vacation I need before jumping back into the fray.
So quick update of what’s new with me. As most of you know Steph and I are expecting a second son to be born with in the next few weeks. I have joined a Pipe and drum band, and am learning to play the Bagpipes. I was surprised at how difficult the instrument is. (after all the darn thing can only play a total of 9 theme notes). Despite its technical difficulty I love playing it. Steph bought me a vest, which I am very excited to be wearing at church again, Steph threw out the three or four that I had been wearing post mission. She does not like the style and objects if I wear it more then every other week, but it is so me. I am growing my beard back out. Last time I had one was shortly after I returned from Australia. Steph does not like this change; in fact I have found it prudent to sleep with a face guard so as she cannot cut it while I sleep. Oh and my hair is full of gray. I earned each and every one of the suckers. Steph has commented that I have way more gray hair then any 31 year old has a right to. I however think it pretty darn cool. I’m confident at this rate that within a few more years I will totally have the Moses thing going on. I am still directing the ward choir. Despite the large number of talented singers we have in the ward I have trouble getting people to commit to weekly rehearsals. I have about seven regulars at the moment including my self and the pianist. Strangely, save for Brazil it is the most fun I have ever had in a choir.
Well I suppose that is plenty for now.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream
William E Herrington
1 comment:
I bought Will a nice black vest because they are in style again, but of course he won't wear it buttoned which defeats the whole look (think Simon Baker in The Mentalist), and so far my daily pleadings for him to shave have gone unheard. I think he should shave before cuddling our newborn son with sensitive baby skin!! I miss kissing my man too... As for the bagpipes (which I love the instrument) the practice chanter sounds like a duck dying!!!! We shall see how the new baby likes the sound, Baby Benjamin loved me playing the piano, but howled when I picked up the violin.
Post a Comment