Wednesday, April 15, 2009

No Name Baby

Okay so I'm due in about 2 months and we've had 7 months to come up with a name but NOTHING so far. I didn't even waste thinking time on the issue until the ultrasound. I was hoping for a girl just because we both like about 15 girl names and we would be trying to narrow it down. But Ben got his wish for a little brother instead and we cannot come up with a name!! It is such a big decision, they are stuck with it for their whole life! There are some that I like, but none that I love. And the ones I like Will does not, and vice versa. I would feel a lot better about things if we had a name chosen. I'm terrified of some freak preterm labor thing and the hospital demanding a name for the birth certificate and having to make a last minute decision. Feel free to write in suggestions or ideas. So far I have looked in a baby name book, the 2008 top 100 names, the Book of Mormon, and my family tree. Praying for inspiration, Stephanie.

5 comments:

leschornmom said...

Well, If it were a girl I'd say Erica is always a good name!

Honestly, I have never asked anyone for suggestions or oppinions on names because it is such a private and personal thing. I believe that heavenly father can help to inspire your choice. So, at the risk of sounding like your mother in law... I recomend you pray about it.
Good luck!

PS we had the same problem with Abbie and finally let the girls choose the name as I was being rolled into the OR. It might help Ben bond more...just a thought.

Stephanie H. said...

Ben likes the name Mason after his buddy at school. It makes me think of the occupation though.

Elisabeth Benge said...

Mason makes me think of charles manson.... I don't know why! hahha. Good luck! Levi didn't get his name untill after he was born. And Phisher... well the husband and I never agreed on his name, just finally I let him pick the first name and I picked the middle. I CAN'T BELIEVE WE ONLY HAVE 2 MORE MONTHS!

Stephanie H. said...

We have agreed on a name we both like which I will keep secret for now. I don't trust myself I still have too much time to change my mind! For a while it would change daily!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I always had a couple of names picked out, but once the baby came I had to "try them on" so to speak.

I told everyone I going to name Skye "Echo" and then a few days before she was born I read the name Skye in a book. When she was born I tried Echo at the hospital and it just didn't seem to fit. When I looked at her and asked... "Are you my little Skye" I knew that was supposed to be her name.

It sure did confuse everyone who thought I was going to name her Echo though. I got teased about that for weeks.