Friday, January 2, 2009

Pics of the New House

This is our new split-level house. There is a spacious laundry/furnace room in the sub-basement. The garage and office are on the bottom level. The living room with the bay window on the front of the house is on it's own level with vaulted ceilings. The kitchen/dining room, 3 bedrooms, and the only bathroom (with double sinks) is on the top level. The bedrooms are small, but the garage and yard make up for it! We were paying for a storage unit before we moved since I kept all of the baby clothes/gear. Yea storage space!


We got the largest truck that U-Haul has and filled it to capacity thanks to our friends in the Red Bridge Ward and their awesome truck loading skills. Every inch was utilized in the truck and we filled both cars as well, so the new time we move I think we're going to need a semi or something :)







The yard is not fenced in, but that makes it look even bigger. There is a five-year-old boy who lives next door and the boys love playing outside together. Unfortunately we have to mow all of it so we will be investing in a lawnmower in the spring. I love looking out the kitchen window while I wash dishes, the first home we've been in with a window by the sink.


And it's great living on a quiet street with sidewalks for the little guy to ride his bike on!




2 comments:

Elisabeth Benge said...

Your house is adorable! And I bet it's wonderful looking outover the backyard... I wash dishes and get to look at the dumpy neibhor house... i'm waiting for you to post some news on here so I can post the pictures of us!!!!!!! hurry it's killing me:)

Carrie said...

What an awesome yard & cute neighborhood! So jealous!