Sunday, November 30, 2008

My New Calling

My new calling was announced in Sacrament meeting. I am the new ward organist :) I've had the past 2 years off so I don't mind. And since Priesthood and Relief Society was combined today the Bishop asked me to play the piano for the opening hymn. By the end of church I was approached by 3 different families regarding piano lessons so I guess the word is out now. It will be nice to teach out of my home again.
As a side note we got our first dusting of snow overnight. Ben was crying about it though because there was not enough to build a snowman or snowballs.

3 comments:

leschornmom said...

What's snow?

Jeromy said...

Oh my. This can't be Will, can it??? It's been like, I dunno, 15 years? This whole social networking thing is miraculous! I just sent you an invite to our blog.

Congrats on the calling! Last I knew, you played the drums. Now, my five year-old plays...well, at least he bangs around; but, hey! Gotta start somewhere.

William said...

Jermoy! I do play da drums. It’s my wife, Stephanie, who plays the piano and has been called as the ward organist. She however always signs in under my name to post, as she can never seem to remember her password. Makes it confusing. So in this case she got the new calling. As for me, I have no calling at the moment. I home teach.

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream
William E Herrington