Here is my hundred. No Hedgehogs were injured during the making of this list.
1. I love the Library
2. I enjoy folk music.
3. I read every night after getting into bed.
4. I have completed a Masters degree and am gearing up for my Doctorate
5. I think of both the Penny whistle and the Recorder as serious musical instruments
6. I name all of my Instruments.
7. My car has a name also.
8. I served in the mighty Australia Brisbane Mission
9. I never skipped a door no matter how big the guard dog/Emu/kangaroo was.
10. I keep a small stuffed Kangaroo at my desk.
11. In my dreams I have learned how to fly.
12. Once a month I have a dream of being sent on another Mission. (Been having those dreams for about 10 years)
13. I make people think I am wise by keeping my mouth shut and wearing a knowing smile.
14. I dislike swimming.
15. I think of myself as a Jack-of-all-Trades, but in truth I know nothing about Optometry.
16. I am the oldest of seven children.
17. I prefer hanging out with Gentiles to the local Elders Quorum.
18. I normally skip breakfast.
19. I growl at my son to make him laugh.
20. I let my wife tell me what to do, and then I go out and do exactly as I please.
21. I have never been bitten by an animal.
22. I broke my collar bone while serving a mission.
23. I was treated by this hot female Doctor from Scotland. (Sexy accent)
24. I was teased for weeks afterwards by Elder Timu. I guess I was staring too much at the Doctor.
25. I like to sleep on the floor.
26. I think the extended warranties that computer stores try to sell are rip-offs.
27. I don’t like Beethoven.
28. I do like Dvorak.
29. I have started writing a book.
30. I love my job.
31. I like to play computer games. (when time permits)
32 I don’t like television.
33 I watch about one television show a week with my wife. (Just to make her happy)
34 I think it’s cute when my son insists that his name is spelled BFN.
35 I want to buy a Jeep when I grow up.
36 The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher are my favorite serious of books. The tenth book is due for release on April 1st. I plan on taking a day off from work to read it.
37 I’m a decent Drummer; I enjoy playing Guitar, and play a mean Recorder.
38 I collect textbooks.
39 I sleep with a pager and a cell phone.
40 I’m thirty years old and still love role-playing games. (Great social interaction)
41 I’m a MacGregor.
42 Even though I’m a MacGregor I am still polite to Campbells. (Had one as a Bishop)
43 Steve (a friend) and I used to tell jokes at Clan Campbell’s expense.
44 There are far more pictures of my wife’s family then mine in my house.
45 According to the wedding pictures my wife hung on our wall my family was not at the wedding.
46 It bothers me.
47 My Wife’s reasoning was that Alex was on his mission and Beth was not present so we had a complete Herrington Family Picture taken one year later which is hanging on the wall. And when Will repeatly mentioned how much this disturbed him she called the Garbers to try to order an 8x10 from the wedding day but it was 3 years after the fact and they did not have the digital proofs anymore. (this one was added by Stephanie)
48 My wife is allergic to cats.
49 That also bothers me.
50 In high school I could run a Mile in under 5 and a half minutes.
51 Today was the first time I have ever walked in a parade without being strapped to a drum.
52 I have better night vision then anyone I know.
53 I can still move quickly though a wooded area in the middle of the night without braining myself on a tree limb.
54 I am the only guy on my team at work.
55 I have gotten very good at not listening while my co-workers talk about female stuff.
56 I don’t own a firearm.
57 I do own and know how to use two combat knives.
58 I am ether mixed dominant or Ambidexterict. I do just about everything but write equally well with both hands.
59 I am dyslexic. It does not slow me down much anymore.
60 My wife still reads a touch faster then I do.
61 I can type between 55 and 60 words a minute.
62 I like to wear dark reds.
63 I often hold all sides of a group discussion with myself.
64 I am often very idiosyncratic.
65 As soon as I find a way to conceal it from my wife I plan on buying a gun locker and some firearms. : )
66 I was not very impressed with my wife when I first met her. (In fact my opinion was less then charitable)
67 I obviously grew out of it.
68 Yes I love her a lot. (original number 68 was erased by my wife) hehehehe
69 Our current education system angers me.
70 One specific thing that upsets me is the way the government distributes resources to schools.
71 If you get me started on our school system be prepared for me to make a completely emotional argument based on what I have seen, with no reference to any facts or figures.
72 I am addicted to education.
73 I have actually started having withdrawal symptoms after finishing my Masters.
74 I am a little annoyed at the US becoming a multilingual country (What the hell does the automated system mean by press one for English)
75 Instead of complaining about it I have begun studying Spanish. (That’s going kind of slow)
76 I love eating vegetables.
77 I dislike Barbeque.
78 Which is a shame as I live in the Barbeque capital of the country.
79 Every time any of my wife’s family visits we all have to go get Barbeque. (I suffer in silence)
80 During my seven years of post high school education I put on weight and lost a lot of muscle tone.
81 I’m currently fixing the problem now that I don’t spend thirty hours a week studying.
82 I am so good at stringing together information; using big words and writing like a social elitist that I have tricked many people with Doctorates into thinking I know what I am talking about and giving me an A on all writing assignments, and presentations.
83 I have learned that now that I have a Masters degree people listen to me even when I’m full of crap.
84 I try not to take advantage of peoples dependency on “expert testimony”
85 I still speak Australian perfectly. My Samoan is very rusty.
86 Even after fifteen years I still feel the term should be recited “Each to their own”.
87 I have learned more about the Bible then Abraham lived in Ur and Hannah had no children.
88 I find reading the Book of Mormon to be very therapeutic.
89 I think it would be cool to grow out my beard again. (But then my wife would refuse to kiss me)
90 I recognize the Tear Drop as the Tangible construct of my essential nature. (See what I mean about big words and social elitist language)
91 I laugh at self-proclaimed existentialist due to the fundamental similarities between their philosophical ideology and Nephi’s description of predominant attitudes among men. (2 Nephi 28:7) (there I go with the elitist language again)
92 I don’t laugh too had else I fall in with the “dig a pit for thy neighbor” crowd.
93 I often find myself watching strangers and wondering what their life has been like.
94 I sometimes read the Dictionary when I have nothing else that needs to be done.
95 I would love to take a two-week vacation and complete a solo Canoe trip at Boundary Waters.
96 My first cognitive memory is of being three. Once evening I saw the sun set in a field, and became convinced that sunk into some kind of trap door. I spent a great deal of time the next day in that field looking for the trap door.
97 I recognize that science, although a discipline based on observation, relies on several assumptions. (These assumptions are Determinism, Empiricism, Parsimony, Testability)
98 I love to use big words when defining abstract concepts.
99 I have found that when I am sad I recover quickly if I take a hike through the woods.
100 I would love to be able to teach on a college campus
10 comments:
Thank you for #12! It happens to me too and Nicole thinks it is weird every time I tell her about it.
I roomed with 2 other RMs in college and it happened to them too..
Hi Will, Loved your list. Had to tell you what a gun bug Coby has become. He took me and my Mom shooting once when he came down. Course now he has a reason to wear a gun (he's a police officer) but even before that he always had one with him. I remember him telling of being pulled over and one of the first things he told the cop was that he had a gun in the glove compartment and had a permit for it. The cop asked if it was loaded and Coby said Yes, it was. But now his badge does all the talking. I think Coby became a cop so he could get out of tickets when pulled over. Yes, he gets pulled over alot. Once while a teenager, he was deferring a ticket in clay county and putnam county at the same time (the idea is suppose to be you are on probation and if you another ticket within 6 months, you get off the deferrment) I guess the counties don't talk to each other. I'll send you a pic some day. Corey still has trouble believing it. He is suppose to go on a ride along sometime with Coby.
It's great that you'll watch tv once a week just for your wife! I think you deserve a cat! - You could shower really well and visit Steph and Ben once a week! ;)
P.S.I'm dying to know what the original 68 was!
You lists are so entertaining. I am sure any list I came up with would bore everyone. But.... I have enough guns for all of my boys.
Cindy Mom
I need to make a small correction on number 15 of my list. Before I had indicated that I know nothing about Optometry, well tonight I got a new home teacher who turns out to be an Optometrist. He was able to fill me in on a few details. So now that I know a little about Optometry I can once again claim to be a Jack-of-all-trades. :)
Well other people may listen to you because of your advanced degree, even though you're full of crap. But for those of us who have known you since puberty don't have to capitulate.
Thats allright I have already come to accept that "A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house". Mark 6:4
I'm rolling my eyes and shaking my head at that.
Hey Will,
Check my blog for the picture I took of your family. You can take it off of there.
Cathy
WILL, I LOVED READING EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU! I HAVE NOW OFFICIALLY READ YOUR ENTIRE BLOG. AT THE MOMENT I FEEL AS IF I MIGHT ACTUALLY KNOW YOU;)
Post a Comment